Monday, May 10, 2010

Using our Time and Talent for a worthy cause


So, I'm sure you all know that Nashville was hit by catastrophic flooding over the weekend of May 1st. In response, my school along with many others will be participating in a program called Volunteer Neighborhoods. My students and I will be making "House Magnets" and selling them. All money will benefit the Second Harvest Food Bank here in Nashville. Their warehouse is downtown, and they lost a lot of perishable food during the flooding. Not to mention that they will be filling extra needs as families who were displaced due to the storms find their way back home. So, let me know if I can reserve a magnet for you ($5) and wish us well on our project. Pass the word! And, all you art teachers out there, click on the link, read up on the project, and join the fun!

1 comment:

Ms. Walsh said...

I'm an elementary art teacher in Madison and I just sent this on to all of them! : )