Family Portrait was the topic. Wide variety of ability at this point.
So if you follow my blog, you know that I am in a temporary room while the construction is completed on my art room. I'm trying not to complain, because good is coming from this temporary insanity, but today, I realized just how much I'm used to my routine in the past. I have unpacked just enough boxes to see me through a few weeks. MNPS curriculum dictates that the Kindergarten students must experiment with paint during this particular time frame. I thought, since I'm a tad limited, I'd start with watercolor. Pulled open the cabinet today, to discover that I've lost my water cups in a box somewhere, along with my watercolor boxes. What I had was refills. So, thinking fast I scrounged up 12 bowls for water, and I put the refills out on plates. Not a bad discovery... The drips have a place to land, the paintbrushes have a home, and aside from not really having counter space to stack them on, it ended up working really well. Who knows, out of this uncomfortable time in my teaching, I may find some innovative new material distribution systems.