The Kindergarten students will be making "Banners". We looked at examples of what banners were,discussed reasons that they might be used (special events) and each student created a basic banner using contrasting colors. I focused on Red White and Blue, but they could have whatever combination they desired. I slipped in some scissor skills by having them "fringe" the edges. Then, we began our "research". The students chose whatever colors of construction paper they wanted, and I brought up the website. They found a comfy spot on the floor, and began to draw simple line drawings of the sports events they wanted to illustrate.
Thursday, February 18, 2010
The Kindergarten students will be making "Banners". We looked at examples of what banners were,discussed reasons that they might be used (special events) and each student created a basic banner using contrasting colors. I focused on Red White and Blue, but they could have whatever combination they desired. I slipped in some scissor skills by having them "fringe" the edges. Then, we began our "research". The students chose whatever colors of construction paper they wanted, and I brought up the website. They found a comfy spot on the floor, and began to draw simple line drawings of the sports events they wanted to illustrate.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment