Monday, November 18, 2013

Sculptural Faces

The 3rd Graders and I are in the midst of mask making!  Admittedly, one of my favorite units to teach.  We have made clay masks (which are going to be painted soon) and are currently working on Echo Masks.  While working through the clay days (sick kiddos=more make up days than I like.  It seems like the clay dust is never ending), I gave each student a piece of card stock and some scrap paper.  They were to use their paper sculpting skills to create an outrageous face- the sillier the better.  I demonstrated/reviewed the techniques I know they should be capable of (having had the majority of them since Kindergarten) and then I turned them loose.  After they finished, I took them outside and spray painted them.  Here are the results!





No comments: